Your Los Angeles Experts in Smile Transformation
At Twin Teeth Orthodontics, our motto is “Double the Passion, Double the Drive!” As twin sisters, expert orthodontists Drs. Michelle and Christine Stepanek spent their lives working together to spread smiles.
Meet Michelle Stepanek, DDS, MSD
"Creating a beautiful, straight smile is a work of art, and I promise to be the artist of your dreams! Together we will find the best approach for your treatment that will meet your wants and needs.
My goal is to give you a functioning bite and an aesthetic smile that others will admire!" —Dr. Michelle
Get to Know Your Doctor
Dr. Michelle Stepanek is a dedicated orthodontist specializing in braces and Invisalign for children, teens, and adults. Having strived to become an orthodontist since she was 11 years old, Dr. Michelle is passionate about crafting beautiful smiles and creating a personalized, attentive patient experience for every person who steps through the door.
In addition to serving patients in the office, Dr. Michelle has co-written and co-illustrated three children's books on oral health education, orthodontics, and cleft lip and palate.
Education & Orthodontic Training
Dr. Michelle earned her Bachelor of Science degree from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) before attending dental school at the University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry (UOP) in San Francisco for her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree.
Dr. Michelle graduated top of her class in dental school before continuing her studies at UOP, gaining her Master of Science in Dentistry and Certificate in Orthodontics in the residency program.
- Michelle's first language was Czech!
- She has strong roots in the Czech Republic, where both her mother and father are from.
- She played lacrosse, ran cross country in high school, and continues to love running and being outside to this day.
- Her favorite color is yellow.
- Her favorite movie is Wicker Park.
- Her favorite book is When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi.
Outside of the Office
Dr. Michelle loves living in Santa Monica, where she spends time at the beach, explores new restaurants, and goes on hikes with her boyfriend. She’s also an avid traveler and loves visiting her family in the Czech Republic at least once a year, among other countries abroad.
Meet Christine Stepanek, DDS, MSD
"As your orthodontist, I strive to provide exceptional care in a modern, state-of-the-art setting. Together we’ll explore your wants and needs to ultimately achieve a beautiful and functional smile you will be proud of.
I’m excited to exceed your expectations for what is possible with your orthodontic care!" —Dr. Christine
Get to Know Your Doctor
Orthodontics and treating patients is not just a career for Dr. Christine—it’s her passion and calling. After having three rounds of braces that changed her self-confidence and health as a child, she fell in love with the transformative aspect of her profession and the upbeat, welcoming atmosphere that she can incorporate into an orthodontic office.
Now, as an orthodontist, she aims to treat every patient with respect and kindness, and she strives to create a modern, refreshing environment that children, teens, and adults will look forward to during every one of their visits.
Dr. Christine's career accomplishments include writing and illustrating three children's books about oral health and braces with her twin sister. Dr. Christine also presented at the 11th World Cleft Lip/Palate and Craniofacial Congress (ICPF) in China in 2017.
Education & Orthodontic Training
Dr. Christine attended the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) for her undergraduate Bachelor's in Science degree, followed by dental school at the University of the Pacific in San Francisco, where she earned her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree.
Finally, Dr. Christine stayed in San Francisco at UOP for her orthodontic residency, completing her Master of Science in Dentistry and Certificate in Orthodontics attestations.
Outside of the Office
You can find Christine riding her bike around Santa Monica with her husband in her free time, indulging in restaurants, and exploring Los Angeles with her friends.
Originally from the Czech Republic, Christine has a passion for travel, including going back to visit her whole family in Europe.
- Dr. Christine is a first-generation American, and her whole extended family still lives in the Czech Republic in a tiny village that is her favorite place on Earth.
- Her favorite color is pink.
- Her favorite movie is Slumdog Millionaire.
- Her favorite book is Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
- She enjoys cooking and baking, including her grandma’s famous goulash recipe.
Learn More About Your Favorite Twin Orthodontists
1. We are identical twins and were born exactly 1 minute apart (Michelle is older).
2. Our first language was Czech, followed by English and Spanish starting in the 1st grade.
3. Our parents escaped communism in the Czech Republic in 1985 and came to California to start a new life. They settled in Monterey, California, where they have stayed ever since!
4. We were born in the Monterey Peninsula, and our parents still own the same house in Pebble Beach where we grew up. Although we lived by a golf course, we have never golfed!
5. We have visited the Czech Republic every summer for three months since we were nine months old (except the summer when we studied for the GRE!)
6. Our house in the Czech Republic is in a little village called Potehy. We have a well for water and an orchard where we grow apples, pears, cherries, blackberries, gooseberries, and various vegetables. It's our favorite place in the world!
7. Ever since we were little, we have learned from our Grandma how to knit, crochet, and embroider paintings.
8. In high school, we ran cross country and played lacrosse, which helped foster our teamwork skills and endurance.
9. We were Co-Valedictorians of our high school (and made a joint speech at Graduation!)
10. We were honored in the Monterey Herald with an over-the-fold feature article for volunteer work with children and the elderly and our academic achievements.
11. We have long been fans of the MotoGP motorcycle races. 2 years ago, we checked off a big activity on our bucket list when we became Umbrella Girls at the Laguna Seca Raceway event for the MotoGP race that was hosted there!
12. We took an Aliens, Psychics, and Ghosts class at UCLA and are now adamant believers in these somewhat eerie topics!
13. We also took a Healing class at UCLA that opened our eyes to racial inequality, LGBT rights, and perspectives of mentally disabled individuals. Ultimately, this class has motivated us to treat disabled individuals in dental school and in our practice.
14. UCLA was the best four years of our lives, and we made life-long friends and memories that we will never forget!
15. We own a 10-year-old Shitzu dog named Kimi. Our pug, MC, who lived in the Czech Republic with our Grandma, recently passed away at age 15.
16. We are avid cooks and have mastered the art of complex Czech traditional baking and cooking while adding a modern American twist! We love it so much that we even grew an herb garden, so we have fresh herbs for our recipes!
17. Our culinary passion has driven us to one day pursue owning a bakery that will branch off from our Orthodontic office. It will be called Sweet Tooth Cafe and sell Czech specialties and finely crafted coffees!
18. Another common passion we share is our love for traveling, exploring the world, and participating in spontaneous adventures. A few years ago, we checked off another event on our Bucket list—attending La Tomatina in the town of Bunol near Valencia, Spain, where we engaged in a 20,000-person tomato fight!
19. A newfound passion that has emerged since we entered dental school has been 3D designing and printing (not just the Bite Blocks!). We have even designed and printed our own Rose Gold "Twin Teeth" pins!
20. If you ask anyone who knows us very well what our greatest passion in life is, they would undoubtedly say orthodontics. After 13 years (that's over half of our lives!) of wanting to be orthodontists, we are excited to finally make our dreams come true with Twin Teeth Orthodontics!